- 404 patches
- 488 files changed, 66816 insertions, 48504 deletions
- 41 developers
- 22 developers contributed first time
- 5 months
- this NEW COMMAND is a command line interface to fallocate Linux syscall and allows to preallocate blocks to a file.
- this NEW COMMAND is a command line interface to unshare Linux syscall and allows to run program with some namespaces unshared from parent.
- this NEW COMMAND is based on libblkid and allows to remove filesystem or RAID signatures from a device.
- libblkid allows to gather information about block device topology, currently supported methods are:
- ioctl - supported since kernel 2.6.32
- sysfs - supported since kernel 2.6.31
- fallback for DM, MD, LVM and EVMS on old kernels (base on code from xfsprogs/libdisk)
The topology support is mostly designed for mkfs programs or partitioning tools (already used in mkfs.xfs, mkex2fs, libparted and fdisk)
- libblkid supports partition tables parsing (currently supported are aix, bsd, dos, mac, gpt, minix, sgi, solaris, sun and unixware). This functionality is designed for mkfs programs, DeviceKits, [k]partx or so.
- libblkid API documentation is available at http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/libblkid-docs/
- supports all new topology ioctls
- aligns newly created partitions to minimum_io_size boundary ("minimum_io_size" is physical sector size or stripe chunk size on RAIDs).
- supports disks with alignment_offset now.